Network members collectively engage in data-based learning opportunities that focus on continuous improvement.
NCTR Network programming is designed to support programs to meet their own goals for improvement, to center equity in residency design and implementation, and to advance the field towards effective clinical preparation.
Network members will learn alongside the most innovative teacher preparation programs in the country to:
- Identify strategies to attract and retain educators of color.
- Engage in programming and services designed to help partners improve based on learnings from the Network and across the field of teacher preparation.
- Address challenges with a dedicated lead coach.
- Participate in small group and individual consulting to support, monitor and evaluate programmatic changes and progress towards goals.
- Attend in-person events facilitated to increase knowledge across the Network across topics of interest to participants.
Our Programming & Offerings
NCTR provides a robust selection of in-person and virtual programming to serve the needs of our partners and to develop a community of practice.
Engage in regular, ongoing coaching calls with an NCTR Network team member. Frequency and content of calls will be determined collaboratively and adjusted across the year, in response to program needs. Coaching will be a thought partnership; as NCTR coaches keep up with your program’s ongoing shifts and needs, they will be able to connect you with other programs facing similar dilemmas and also tailor NCTR programming to best fit your ongoing needs.
Work in a sustained way across the year with a small group of Network colleagues on topics of your collective choosing and facilitated by a NCTR Network team member. Working group goals will include knowledge-building and community-building, and may include the development of resources or deliverables that will be shared across the Network. Working groups will:
- Be held virtually at regular intervals agreed upon by their members
- Include as many staff members as programs have capacity to assign
- Allow any single member of a Network program to join multiple groups