NCTR is hiring an Associate Director of Programs.
The Associate Director of Programs will support organizational efforts by co-designing and delivering culturally and linguistically sustaining practices (CLSP) aligned programming and consulting to residencies across the teacher preparation continuum that promote educational equity for students of color and other marginalized groups. Prospective partners include colleges and universities, districts, or other non profits in various stages of designing, launching, or sustaining a residency program. The ideal candidate will be familiar with traditional and alternative route teacher preparation models, understand and be able to discuss persistent equity and inclusion challenges that face our nation’s schools and universities, and have experience consulting or providing coaching within public and non-profit settings.
The Associate Director, Programs, will join a high-performing, talented team of program leaders and will be supported by strong senior staff at the organization. This position reports directly to a Program Director.
- Provide timely, strategic, and high-quality consulting to new and existing teacher residency programs and NCTR partners
- Develop, design, and deliver data-driven programming, services and materials
- Collaborate on the evaluation and assessment of the quality of NCTR consulting and impact on residency programs; implement changes to NCTR curriculum based on new learnings to ensure programming captures best and promising practices
- Identify trends and opportunities in the residency model and modify materials and consulting approach to address those challenges
- Contribute to the national dialogue about teacher residencies and teacher preparation more broadly
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field and minimum of 7 years of experience in the field of education, with an emphasis on teacher preparation
- 3+ years of classroom teaching experience required
- Experience with Culturally and Linguistically Sustaining Pedagogy preferred
- Experience advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace preferred
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills with a wide variety of audiences
- Outstanding oral, written, and technology communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, creative, and able to work independently, under pressure, or as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to teach adult learners
- Demonstrated experience in leading the development and delivery of teaching curriculum
- Experience implementing or leading teacher training on culturally and linguistically sustaining practices is preferred
- Willing to travel up to 25% (please note, NCTR staff is not currently traveling due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
NCTR has developed a performance management system based on evidence that individuals’ success requires managing self, working together, and driving results. These tenets are centered around our core values and comprise the following competencies:
- FLEXIBILITY – Adapts to change, performs amid uncertainty, pivots quickly when necessary
- GROWTH MINDSET – Possesses self-awareness, is eager to do what is necessary to develop talents, and is not afraid to ask for help
- COMMUNICATION – Communicates effectively, efficiently, and respectfully in all modes
- CULTURAL COMPETENCE – Contributes to healthy and productive interactions within and among diverse groups by being self-aware, empathetic, nonjudgmental, patient and open to different perspectives
- PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT – Helps colleagues in all organizational directions to grow and improve by building trust and providing differentiated support and feedback
- STRATEGIC THINKING – Solves problems and makes recommendations and decisions using analytical and creative thinking, non-anecdotal evidence, and a focus on impact
- JUDGMENT – Contributes to the making of timely, mission-aligned, evidence-based decisions that involve the appropriate stakeholders
- EXECUTION – Efficiently delivers high quality work individually and, as a team member, increases productivity and performance of the team
Benefits and Salary
The salary range for this position is $75,000 – $90,000 annually and is commensurate with experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
This a remote position.
How to Apply
Please fill out this Google Form.
NCTR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.