NCTR’s Associate Director of Operations (ADO) is an integral member of the Operations & Talent Team, reporting to the Managing Director of Operations & Finance (MDOF). The Operations & Talent Team, at its core, exists to support other NCTR teams, the CEO, the Board of Directors, and the organization’s overall health and wellbeing. As a result, the ADO will work closely not only with the MDOF, but with individuals from all of NCTR’s teams and departments.
The role will comprise a set of key ongoing responsibilities outlined in the responsibilities section below, as well as a broader expectation to identify and collaborate on new opportunities for optimization wherever needed across the organization. This means the abilities to adapt to an evolving environment, self-learn, and prioritize projects will all play an important part in achieving success in this role.
- Provide technical assistance and build guidelines and documentation for key information systems, including Salesforce CRM and Google Workspace
- Collaborate on the management of Salesforce and web development vendors, including updating and maintaining systems and looking for ways to improve systems and structures
- Support planning and provide technical assistance for other operational systems, including ones related to travel, onboarding/offboarding, and marketing/communications
- Work cross-functionally to develop and implement systems and structures that make organizational knowledge more accessible to staff via Google Workspace, Salesforce, and other org-wide systems
- Manage data collection, processing, and visualization pipelines in support of the Research & Evaluation team
- Develop and maintain a set of Google Apps Scripts that automate the processing of data and files
- Support the MDOF in projects and initiatives as needed
- <1+ years of experience with SQL required
- Must possess high professional standards and outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, creative, and able to work independently, under pressure, and as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to teach adult learners
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills with a wide variety of audiences
- Strong spreadsheet skills required
- Experience working as a Salesforce admin or developer highly preferred
- Practical knowledge of Google Apps Script highly preferred
- Practical experience with WordPress, HTML/CSS, and PHP highly preferred
- Practical experience with Google Workspace preferred
- Practical experience with data visualization platforms such as Tableau or Data Studio preferred
- Practical experience with WordPress, HTML/CSS, and PHP preferred
- Practical experience with Google Analytics and Google Ads preferred
- Experience working in the education industry preferred
- Willing to travel up to 10%
NCTR has developed a performance management system based on evidence that individuals’ success requires managing self, working together, and driving results. These tenets are centered around our core values and comprise the following competencies:
- FLEXIBILITY – Adapts to change, performs amid uncertainty, pivots quickly when necessary
- GROWTH MINDSET – Possesses self-awareness, is eager to do what is necessary to develop talents, and is not afraid to ask for help
- COMMUNICATION – Communicates effectively, efficiently, and respectfully in all modes
- CULTURAL COMPETENCE – Contributes to healthy and productive interactions within and among diverse groups by being self-aware, empathetic, non-judgmental, patient, and open to different perspectives
- PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT – Helps colleagues in all organizational directions to grow and improve by building trust and providing differentiated support and feedback
- STRATEGIC THINKING – Solves problems and makes recommendations and decisions using analytical and creative thinking, non-anecdotal evidence, and a focus on impact
- JUDGMENT – Contributes to the making of timely, mission-aligned, evidence-based decisions that involve the appropriate stakeholders
- EXECUTION – Efficiently delivers high-quality work individually and, as a team member, increases productivity and performance of the team
Founded in 2007, the National Center for Teacher Residencies (NCTR) is a national non-profit organization headquartered in Chicago with team members working virtually throughout the country. NCTR’s mission is to grow and manage a national network of teacher residencies dedicated to closing the opportunity gap through the training, support, and retention of excellent teachers for students of color and other marginalized groups.
NCTR disrupts historic educational inequities by advancing the teacher residency movement to prepare effective, diverse, culturally responsive educators.
Students of color and low-income students have equitable access to effective, diverse, culturally responsive educators.
NCTR is transforming teacher preparation nationwide to ensure all children have access to an effective teacher. Our core values reflect who we are as an organization and how we work with our clients and our community.
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Continuous Learning
Benefits and Salary
The starting salary range for this position is $75,000 – $90,000 annually and is commensurate with experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
This is a remote position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NCTR has adopted a policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, schools, and community from the hazards of COVID-19. Candidates are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated (Two Doses of either Moderna or Pfizer Vaccines or One Dose of J&J) against COVID-19 before commencing employment.
NCTR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.